This unusual church was rather over-restored in 1867,
but some interesting features remain, not least the mid thirteenth
century wall paintings in the nave. Looking from the west it is
quite clear that the tower is of a different build to the south aisle
which ends flush with it. Howeverb an attempt has obviously been
made to bind the 2 together, not least with a single course of herringbone style masonry about half way up. Futher herringbone work
exists above this in the aisle end, just beneath the upper window,
while at the base of the wall is a rectangular doorway with Romanesque
arch and tympanum, tight to a pilaster buttress. Internally the nave has many Romanesque features.
The north aisle has a very Saxon looking Romanesque window just west of the porch where there are also some courses of herringbone in the bottom half of the wall. The east of the well coursed rubble chancel has fine long and short work quoins.
Paul Martin Remfry