Luckington was another vill held by the Mortimers of Wigmore probably from 1075. Today it is a large church consisting of nave, chancel, aisles, porches, chapels and a north tower all mostly with fifteenth century fenestration. The south-east chapel is possibly the earliest remaining addition to the church and dates back to the thirteenth century although it was heavily restored in 1872 when the chancel was also rebuilt. The nave, probably like the destroyed chancel was early, but all that really remains of this are the much restored twelfth century arcades leading to the aisles. The tower may be of the same era as the chapel although the upper floor appears fifteenth century.
Copyright©2013 Paul Martin Remfry