Idbury was another vill held by the Mortimers of Wigmore probably from 1075.
Like so many other churches Idbury seems to have been begun as an early chancel and nave which was extended and remodelled in the fourteenth century when the north-west tower was added to the north aisle. There is a reset early doorway in the north wall of the aisle. This has a round headed arch containing a modified decorated tympanum.
There are fragments of glass in the east window of the north aisle which include a mid fourteenth century female head.
Copyright©2013 Paul Martin Remfry