Sidbury was another vill that was held by the Mortimers of Wigmore at Domesday
The church has an ancient nave complete with Saxon type herringbone masonry, while the chancel is rather later. The west door into the nave is early and fine, being over ten feet high. The font is also early and carries a representation of a dragon. Remains of a medieval wall painting seems to show the Adoration of the Magi. The church was extensively rebuilt after a fire in 1912.
Copyright©2013 Paul Martin Remfry