Ribbesford was an early possession of the Mortimers of Wigmore. The church was soon in the possession of the Ribbesford family who were stewards to Roger Mortimer (d.1214) and his successors.
The church today stands above the flood plain of the River Stour and consists of a chancel with north and south aisles, built from the easily carved local Old Red Sandstone. Its history is told in the VCH for Worcestershire.
Copyright©2013 Paul Martin Remfry