North Baddesley Church
North Baddesley was another vill held by the Mortimers of Wigmore probably from 1075. Around 1160 the church was granted to the Hospitalers. Of the old church little remains before the fifteenth century, while the west tower was only built in 1674. The chancel was originally narrower than the nave, but this was rebuilt in the fifteenth century as a single width building. A Hospitaler altar tomb remains in the chancel.
Copyright©2013 Paul Martin Remfry