Lingen is yet another church and vill that came into Mortimer hands in 1075. The important Lingen family were soon undertenents in the vill and it is likely that they were responsible for building the current Lingen church. Before 716 King Coenred of Mercia gave lands to nuns here which later went to the foundation of Much Wenlock abbey.
Unfortunately the church was totally rebuilt in 1891 and the most ancient remains are now part of the tower which may be sixteenth century.
Copyright©2013 Paul Martin Remfry