Leinthall Starkes Church

The vill of Leinthall belonged to the Mortimers of Wigmore from 1075.  The vill was first recorded under this name a little before 1249, although Domesday clearly indicates that Earls and Starkes were separate vills at this time.  The church consists of a single chamber with a Norman doorway and three windows.


Copyright©2013 Paul Martin Remfry

  • Index

  • Churches Home