Kingsland was another church that came into Mortimer hands with the marriage of Roger Mortimer and Matilda Braose around 1245. The entire church is reckoned to be early fourteenth century, although containing fragments of an earlier structure. It consists of a tower, long aisled nave and porch and chapel. As with all such dating guesses they are open to question. Certainly the 'fourteenth century' door in the tower north wall is a reused window as can be seen by its tracery. The round windows of the nave and tower are unusual, while some fourteenth century glass remains in the east window with figures and various coats of arms.
Copyright©2013 Paul Martin Remfry