Imber was another vill held by the Mortimers of Wigmore probably from 1075. The vill was first mentioned in 967 and survived until 1943 when the village was evacuated during World War II.
The church consists of a typical early nave with chancel and west tower. The nave was rebuilt before 1300 and aisles were added before 1400. There are carved heads in the corbel tables and a medieval painting of the seven deadly sins.
Copyright©2013 Paul Martin Remfry