Hurley was another vill held by the Mortimers of Wigmore probably from 1075. In the twelfth century it was upgraded to a Benedictine priory.
Again the early church consists of a chancel and nave, in this case resplendantly supplied with deeply splayed round headed windows. At the west end of the nave is a blocked round headed doorway. The church was obviously built before it became a priory as one of the early chancel windows has been blocked by the cloisters to the north. These and part of the refectory, all probably twelfth century, now form a house.
VCH article on Hurley
Copyright©2013 Paul Martin Remfry