Great Malvern Priory
The priory was founded around the end of the reign of William the Conqueror and although it is not known to have attracted Mortimer patronage some of the surviving tiles, from between 1265 to 1323, carry the arms of Mortimer of Wigmore and Mortimer of Chirk. The arms are differentiated by Chirk having ermine in the central escutcheon while Wigmore has argent.
A monument near the altar may represent Sir Brian Brampton (d.c.1277) the Mortimer retainer of Brampton Bryan.
Copyright©2013 Paul Martin Remfry