The church of Clungunford had been granted to Wigmore abbey by 1291 and the current structure would seem to date from around that time. It consists of a nave with south porch and a chancel with a north chapel. The tower was only added in 1895. The roofs are reported to be fourtheenth century, but have been hidden behind boarded ceilings. There is a stone tablet showing a beast carrying a banner currently situated in the south-east corner of the nave. This may mark the arms of the church builder. Some probably fifteenth century glass fragments survive.
Copyright©2013 Paul Martin Remfry